I am in win7 and I think I have downloaded something dangerous or harmful things. I have hundreds of pop ups come from ThinkDesktop. I have so many vital files on system and I do not want them be stolen. How do I get rid of all ThinkDesktop pop ups?
More Information about ThinkDesktop
The ThinkDesktop threat is classified as PUP a Potentially Unwanted Program because it inflicts and acts as a malicious threat into your computer system. ThinkDesktop is not a virus but it does act like one. It is adware which is bundled using custom installers and dropped on your computer during the installation process. Most users have no idea how this threat is installed on there computer. Follow our instruction to remove this the threat from your computer.
The malicious ThinkDesktop can install itself into the computer system without your consent and awareness. It makes your computer work slowly and implants other nasty infections into the computer. To make things worse, this Trojan is a tool for the cyber criminals to invade the infected computer to steal your information. Through making use of advanced technology, it maintains the ability to combine its components with system files or to generate fake system files, which confuses computer users as well as antivirus programs. They cannot identify it accurately and timely, let alone remove it thoroughly.
The Potentially Unwanted Program Is Dangerous
It has the following characteristics:
It is a stubborn rogue antivirus program
It bombards you with annoying pop-up ads
It disables your programs
It makes your computer run slowly
It may steal your computer privacy, such as websites visited, online banking details, IP address, etc.
Prevention of Getting ThinkDesktop
To avoid the annoyed pop-up ThinkDesktop and be safe online in the further, we need to adopt necessary measures to get free from virus infections. Here are some effective prevention tips and these tips are applied to all of browser hijacker, redirect virus, adware, toolbar and PUPs.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking.
To avoid the harassment of various pop-ups, ads, malicious and/or hijacked websites as well as phishing websites, you have to install a legitimate software for 24-hours protection. Here we recommended you a free blocker Anvi AD Blocker to keep you surf safe online. 2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source.
3. Even if you have to install a necessary software, please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
4. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
5. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.
How do You Get ThinkDesktop on Your Computer?
Normally you download ThinkDesktop without realizing it, as no one wants to have advertisements running when they run a program.distributed using unfair techniques that rely on freeware and shareware. It means that this program can be installed on computer when installing another free program, such as video recording/streaming software, some download-manager or PDF creator. This distribution method is legal but it really initiates various discussions on the Internet and has already been named as phishy. For preventing such unexpected downloads, you should pay more attention to the installation process of the freeware. We strongly recommend you to remove the virus as soon as you detect it on your computer.
ThinkDesktop is believed to be a detrimental program that should be eliminated from computer at any cost to refrain from unexpected damage or loss. It should be removed once being found. Here are two suggestion for the removal – automatic removal and manual removal. Just choose the one you feel like.
Solution One: Remove ThinkDesktop with SpyHunter.
Solution Two: Get rid of ThinkDesktop manually.
Solution One: Remove ThinkDesktop with SpyHunter
Step 1: Download removal tool SpyHunter by clicking on the below button.
Step 2: Following the installation wizard to install it on your PC. After the installation, launch SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” to perform a full and quick system scan on your PC.
Step 3: As soon as finishing the system scan, choose Select all and then click Remove to get rid of all the threats on your PC.
Solution Two : Get rid of ThinkDesktop manually
Step 1: Remove ThinkDesktop from web browsers.
* Internet Explorer
1) Click on ” Tools ” from the browser menu, then choose the ” Manage Add-ons ” from the list.
2) In the default Toolbars and Extensions section, search for the adware from the list then right-click on it, select Disable from the options list.
3) Restart the Internet Explorer.
1) Open the Firefox menu then click on ” Add-ons “.
2) In the default Extensions page, select the ThinkDesktop adware then click on Remove button.
3) Restart Mozilla Firefox.
1) Click on the Chrome men then remove the cursor to locate the ” Tools “, choose the ” Extensions ” from the expanded list.
2) In the pop-up page, find out the adware from the extensions list and disable it.
3) Restart Google Chrome.
1).From Opera menu select Extensions,click Manage Extensions
2).All installed extensions for Opera will appear here, select the related extension.
3).Click “Uninstall” button to uninstall extension.
4). Restart Opera
1). Go to the Extensions section of the P references
2). Select the extension you wish to delete and select Uninstall
3) Restart Safari
Step 2: Uninstall ThinkDesktop from the Control Panel.
1)Click on the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
For Windows 8 OS
1) Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner and then choose the Control Panel from the pop-up list.
2) Locate the Programs from the panel then click on the Uninstall a program link under it.
3) Select the adware in the programs list then click on the Uninstall on the top column to remove it.
4) Approve the removal then follow the prompt until it finished.
5) Refresh the programs list to check if the related programs of the adware have been removed.
Step 3: Get rid of registry entries of ThinkDesktop .
1) Open the Run box by pressing Windows + R keys.
2) Type “regedit” in the box and then press OK to open the Registry Editor.
3) In the pop-up dialog, click on the left side branches to search for all the registry entries and registry keys of the adware, and then delete them cautiously.
Step 4: Show up the hidden file of the adware.
1) Open the Folder Options dialog, locate the Advanced Settings.
2) Check the Show hidden files and folders and uncheck the Hide protected operating system files(Recommended). And then hit OK.
Step 5: After all the steps are done, please restart your computer normally to ensure all changes take effect
Fairly speaking, both of the two methods have their own advantages. However, the manual removal is a time-consuming and painstaking process that requires high-level troubleshooting skills. You not only are unable to remove all traces and leftover of the adware, but also might end up deleting an essential system file and crashing your computer, so we sincerely recommend you to download an advanced removal tool on your computer. It is well designed by professional technicians who focus on all types of PC threats and help users to solve all PC problems with ease. It is a multi-purpose solution to satisfy the variety of your computer protection needs. Just try.
NOTE: Want to totally remove ThinkDesktop ? Use professional removal tool to get rid of ThinkDesktop completely! Click the download icon and install removal tool onto your computer, run it from cmdline in Windows Safe Mode .
Due to the high dangers of manual removal, it is advised to use an auto-fix tool to get rid of ads by ThinkDesktop pop up virus. The removal tool recommended in this post is a professional and effective tool which can help to remove virus easily and quickly. On condition that you still choose to remove this adware manually, you would better back up the crucial data at the beginning to stay away from mistaken deletions.