What is wrong with my computer? I turned on the ads blocker already, but I still received ads by SnapSearch. Having tried removal tool that many posts recommended, SnapSearch pop up was still not removed. Also, I tried to remove it from control panel, however, the pop ups still disappeared after the removal from control panel.
What is SnapSearch?
SnapSearch is a type of deceptive adware program. To know more about this adware, it is necessary to learn more details about this kind of potential unwanted program. Most of time, PC experts consider this site to be a malicious threat more than a website. As a matter of fact, the pop ups parked at this page is detected as insecure by few security tools at this moment and such situation results from some features such adware program has. Unlike Trojan virus than can be simply detected by anti-virus program, adware is a undefined third party which is not always regarded to be a virus threatening computer system. However, the point is, though this adware itself is not a virus, the pop ups it introduces to screen or browser tabs are not as safe as this adware. The additives it brings in system are more complex.
Some pop up windows are probable to link to unprotected websites that any dangerous infections can be promoted within those sites without inspection. Others might forward you to some online shopping sites that you do not expect. Suffering from tons of annoying pop ups can drive you mad while you want to normally surf the internet with no one disturbs. Universally, famous browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox and IE are the initial targets in case of it has entered stealthily. Other symptoms such as frequent system shutdown, sudden network crash, unresponsive program operation and files corruption will show up one after another. Meanwhile, some vital system files and personal data will be filched for sending to remote hacker through the internet. All of them will be used for making monetary gains. As a skillfully data theft, it is able to record browsing history, search details, log-in emails and other browser details as quick as it can. At that time, all sensitive details are reveled and put victims and identical details into danger. This is unquestionable potential threat to the system. Therefore, removing it from PC is the crucial step you should take right now.
The Potentially Unwanted Program Is Dangerous
It has the following characteristics:
It is a stubborn rogue antivirus program
It bombards you with annoying pop-up ads
It disables your programs
It makes your computer run slowly
It may steal your computer privacy, such as websites visited, online banking details, IP address, etc.
Prevention of Computer Being Infected with SnapSearch
As we have already known SnapSearch is a destructive virus that brings great harm to computer. You should not allow it to stay in your PC to perform bad activities. Just like other malware threats, you can prevent from becoming infected by performing these simple tasks:
1. Don’t download free applications (e.g games, screensavers, pictures, video etc.) from unknown websites as much as possible, especially those suspicious, unsafe and unverified by antivirus because they are often infected with malware, Trojan Virus, or/and other redirect virus.
2. If you have to download those free programs for important purpose, it cannot be more careful when installing freeware/shareware applications. Again, you need to keep eyes on the whole install process for preventing any virus sets up in the computer.
3. You’d better not leave your computer stay in a vulnerable condition. To do this, an anti-virus application is recommend. Advanced antivirus will protect you from security threats caused by various kinds of viruses or malware. Geneeal, most antivirus applications can detect malware such as Browser Redirect Virus. You should keep updating your antivirus tool and making detection at regular time since the latest virus may have the ability to escape from detection and deletion of outdated antivirus application.
4. In order to maintain a good surfing condition, you need to patch all of your applications. Always download and install the latest security patches to your applications you have installed on your PC. Vendors such as Adobe and Microsoft identify vulnerabilities with certain applications will deploy patches to strengthen security and protect you from a potential attack. Do not avoid these tasks and ensure you either allow your applications to download and install critical patches or routinely check for any updates that need to be downloaded and installed.
5. Also install the latest system updates. Like what mentioned above, an outdated version of system may provide possibility for malware and virus to invade your computer, so the old system can be potential causes of computer being infected . Use the Automatic Updates feature in Windows to automatically download and install Microsoft security updates.
6. Usually, redirect virus will compromise your browser and let other forms of malware and virus slip into your computer.
By following the steps above, you can prevent from becoming infected. However, if this virus has already attacked your computer due to visiting of unsafe website or downloading of unknown program carelessly, you can take the following weapons to get rid of this threat:
Channels of SnapSearch Enters into Computer
SnapSearch implants in your computer through many ways, and the most common one is that it bundles with free programs shown in unsafe websites. It sets up with the installment of those free programs and automatically runs when you reboot the system. It also sneaks in attachment of spam e-mails sent by unknown people. Once installs on your computer, it causes serious PC problems like redirection and blue screen of death. What’s even worse, it has the ability to infect and hijack your web browsers. When you search something with a browser, you’ll find the information you want are taken place of other unwanted results . Apart from these, it is able to show up many unwanted pop-up ads and fake alerts on your computer. Therefore, you need to ignore them and be careful for falling into its trap. It can keep track of cookies and browser history in order to extract your valuable information for illegal benefits. Your credit card numbers, bank accounts, usernames, passwords, email address and other personal information stored on the computer will be stolen.
SnapSearch is believed to be a detrimental program that should be eliminated from computer at any cost to refrain from unexpected damage or loss. It should be removed once being found. Here are two suggestion for the removal – automatic removal and manual removal. Just choose the one you feel like.
Solution One: Remove SnapSearch with SpyHunter.
Solution Two: Get rid of SnapSearch manually.
Solution One: Remove SnapSearch with SpyHunter
Step 1: Download removal tool SpyHunter by clicking on the below button.
Step 2: Following the installation wizard to install it on your PC. After the installation, launch SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” to perform a full and quick system scan on your PC.
Step 3: As soon as finishing the system scan, choose Select all and then click Remove to get rid of all the threats on your PC.
Solution Two : Get rid of SnapSearch manually
Step 1: Remove SnapSearch from web browsers.
* Internet Explorer
1) Click on ” Tools ” from the browser menu, then choose the ” Manage Add-ons ” from the list.
2) In the default Toolbars and Extensions section, search for the adware from the list then right-click on it, select Disable from the options list.
3) Restart the Internet Explorer.
1) Open the Firefox menu then click on ” Add-ons “.
2) In the default Extensions page, select the SnapSearch adware then click on Remove button.
3) Restart Mozilla Firefox.
1) Click on the Chrome men then remove the cursor to locate the ” Tools “, choose the ” Extensions ” from the expanded list.
2) In the pop-up page, find out the adware from the extensions list and disable it.
3) Restart Google Chrome.
1).From Opera menu select Extensions,click Manage Extensions
2).All installed extensions for Opera will appear here, select the related extension.
3).Click “Uninstall” button to uninstall extension.
4). Restart Opera
1). Go to the Extensions section of the P references
2). Select the extension you wish to delete and select Uninstall
3) Restart Safari
Step 2: Uninstall SnapSearch from the Control Panel.
1)Click on the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
For Windows 8 OS
1) Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner and then choose the Control Panel from the pop-up list.
2) Locate the Programs from the panel then click on the Uninstall a program link under it.
3) Select the adware in the programs list then click on the Uninstall on the top column to remove it.
4) Approve the removal then follow the prompt until it finished.
5) Refresh the programs list to check if the related programs of the adware have been removed.
Step 3: Get rid of registry entries of SnapSearch .
1) Open the Run box by pressing Windows + R keys.
2) Type “regedit” in the box and then press OK to open the Registry Editor.
3) In the pop-up dialog, click on the left side branches to search for all the registry entries and registry keys of the adware, and then delete them cautiously.
Step 4: Show up the hidden file of the adware.
1) Open the Folder Options dialog, locate the Advanced Settings.
2) Check the Show hidden files and folders and uncheck the Hide protected operating system files(Recommended). And then hit OK.
Step 5: After all the steps are done, please restart your computer normally to ensure all changes take effect
Fairly speaking, both of the two methods have their own advantages. However, the manual removal is a time-consuming and painstaking process that requires high-level troubleshooting skills. You not only are unable to remove all traces and leftover of the adware, but also might end up deleting an essential system file and crashing your computer, so we sincerely recommend you to download an advanced removal tool on your computer. It is well designed by professional technicians who focus on all types of PC threats and help users to solve all PC problems with ease. It is a multi-purpose solution to satisfy the variety of your computer protection needs. Just try.
NOTE: Want to totally remove SnapSearch ? Use professional removal tool to get rid of SnapSearch completely! Click the download icon and install removal tool onto your computer, run it from cmdline in Windows Safe Mode .
Never stop fighting against SnapSearch adware as the longer it stays, the more troubles you need to solve. Excessive use of system resources will cause reduction of system performance and unresponsive programs. If you do not want to suffer from annoying pop ups and poor system performance anymore, you would better remove SnapSearch as soon as possible to stop its advertisements demonstration. As it has mentioned before, this adware leads to privacy issues, it will be very dangerous if your email address and financial details are known by remote hacker. Before it completely messes up the entire computer, it is urgent for you to stop it from further damages.