Many banners, boxes and pop-ups from WordSurfer have totally controlled my Firefox. Every new tab I open contains these annoying pop ups. How can I safely and effectively remove all of them? Is there a solution to remove them all at once? Any advice will be very appreciated. Thank you.
What is WordSurfer?
WordSurfer is a potential unwanted program which is really closed to advertising channel. Through generating commercial ads, it is able to boost advertising revenue for its developers and creators. Once infiltrates the target computer, this adware program continuously navigating every new tab to sponsored links, advertising websites, phishing pages and other unknown websites. Usually, this adware gets inside your computer as a part of legit browser add-on, plugin or extension which can be installed on Google Chrome, Firefox and IE. Be aware of the network for anything can be a source of infection of this adware, including unknown pop up ads, junk email attachments, bundles, phishing websites, videos, and pop up content with advertising contents.
While this browser extension is allowed to be installed, it starts to hook into the deep of your computer system without delay. Various functions will be compromised like browser search, network access, system performance, third party programs and security defense. The installation of this attack is the main cause of random pop up windows appear on browsers. If your computer is completely attacked by this adware, there is no doubt that you will encounter many troubles like blue screen, system death, error pop ups, privacy violation and unresponsive programs. Moreover, your default system files will be mixed up with malicious files dropped by this potential unwanted program. To get more commercial gains, it follows every step you take like your searching, social actions and your online purchase in particular.
The Potentially Unwanted Program Is Dangerous
It has the following characteristics:
It is a stubborn rogue antivirus program
It bombards you with annoying pop-up ads
It disables your programs
It makes your computer run slowly
It may steal your computer privacy, such as websites visited, online banking details, IP address, etc.
Prevention of Computer Being Infected with WordSurfer
As we have already known WordSurfer is a destructive virus that brings great harm to computer. You should not allow it to stay in your PC to perform bad activities. Just like other malware threats, you can prevent from becoming infected by performing these simple tasks:
1. Don’t download free applications (e.g games, screensavers, pictures, video etc.) from unknown websites as much as possible, especially those suspicious, unsafe and unverified by antivirus because they are often infected with malware, Trojan Virus, or/and other redirect virus.
2. If you have to download those free programs for important purpose, it cannot be more careful when installing freeware/shareware applications. Again, you need to keep eyes on the whole install process for preventing any virus sets up in the computer.
3. You’d better not leave your computer stay in a vulnerable condition. To do this, an anti-virus application is recommend. Advanced antivirus will protect you from security threats caused by various kinds of viruses or malware. Geneeal, most antivirus applications can detect malware such as Browser Redirect Virus. You should keep updating your antivirus tool and making detection at regular time since the latest virus may have the ability to escape from detection and deletion of outdated antivirus application.
4. In order to maintain a good surfing condition, you need to patch all of your applications. Always download and install the latest security patches to your applications you have installed on your PC. Vendors such as Adobe and Microsoft identify vulnerabilities with certain applications will deploy patches to strengthen security and protect you from a potential attack. Do not avoid these tasks and ensure you either allow your applications to download and install critical patches or routinely check for any updates that need to be downloaded and installed.
5. Also install the latest system updates. Like what mentioned above, an outdated version of system may provide possibility for malware and virus to invade your computer, so the old system can be potential causes of computer being infected . Use the Automatic Updates feature in Windows to automatically download and install Microsoft security updates.
6. Usually, redirect virus will compromise your browser and let other forms of malware and virus slip into your computer.
By following the steps above, you can prevent from becoming infected. However, if this virus has already attacked your computer due to visiting of unsafe website or downloading of unknown program carelessly, you can take the following weapons to get rid of this threat:
Channel of WordSurfer Enters into Computer
In general, you can take measures to prevent your computer from being attacked by WordSurfer. What you can do is to check your firewall on your PC at a regular time. Make sure your firewall works normally for avoiding virus exploiting system leak to attack your computer. Then you need to update your PC and clean up the unwanted programs frequently. This step can avert slow computer operation. Also, you can take measure to limit user privileges on your PC. Besides, you should be careful when use peer to peer programs. Don’t click on suspicious links, ads and pop-ups, etc. What;s more, downloading application/software from the official and reliable websites can also ensure a safe surfing environment. You should never visit unknown or dangerous websites which may contain horrible viruses like malware, redirect virus. Apart from these, it’s also a good choice to prevent the potential virus to invade your computer by using strong and complicate passwords. Though taking the steps above, virus can be isolated at an extent. However, if your computer is already infected with this threat, keep reading this post, the next part will show you how to do.
WordSurfer is believed to be a detrimental program that should be eliminated from computer at any cost to refrain from unexpected damage or loss. It should be removed once being found. Here are two suggestion for the removal – automatic removal and manual removal. Just choose the one you feel like.
Solution One: Remove WordSurfer with SpyHunter.
Solution Two: Get rid of WordSurfer manually.
Solution One: Remove WordSurfer with SpyHunter
Step 1: Download removal tool SpyHunter by clicking on the below button.
Step 2: Following the installation wizard to install it on your PC. After the installation, launch SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” to perform a full and quick system scan on your PC.
Step 3: As soon as finishing the system scan, choose Select all and then click Remove to get rid of all the threats on your PC.
Solution Two : Get rid of WordSurfer manually
Step 1: Remove WordSurfer from web browsers.
* Internet Explorer
1) Click on ” Tools ” from the browser menu, then choose the ” Manage Add-ons ” from the list.
2) In the default Toolbars and Extensions section, search for the adware from the list then right-click on it, select Disable from the options list.
3) Restart the Internet Explorer.
1) Open the Firefox menu then click on ” Add-ons “.
2) In the default Extensions page, select the WordSurfer adware then click on Remove button.
3) Restart Mozilla Firefox.
1) Click on the Chrome men then remove the cursor to locate the ” Tools “, choose the ” Extensions ” from the expanded list.
2) In the pop-up page, find out the adware from the extensions list and disable it.
3) Restart Google Chrome.
1).From Opera menu select Extensions,click Manage Extensions
2).All installed extensions for Opera will appear here, select the related extension.
3).Click “Uninstall” button to uninstall extension.
4). Restart Opera
1). Go to the Extensions section of the P references
2). Select the extension you wish to delete and select Uninstall
3) Restart Safari
Step 2: Uninstall WordSurfer from the Control Panel.
1)Click on the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
For Windows 8 OS
1) Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner and then choose the Control Panel from the pop-up list.
2) Locate the Programs from the panel then click on the Uninstall a program link under it.
3) Select the adware in the programs list then click on the Uninstall on the top column to remove it.
4) Approve the removal then follow the prompt until it finished.
5) Refresh the programs list to check if the related programs of the adware have been removed.
Step 3: Get rid of registry entries of WordSurfer .
1) Open the Run box by pressing Windows + R keys.
2) Type “regedit” in the box and then press OK to open the Registry Editor.
3) In the pop-up dialog, click on the left side branches to search for all the registry entries and registry keys of the adware, and then delete them cautiously.
Step 4: Show up the hidden file of the adware.
1) Open the Folder Options dialog, locate the Advanced Settings.
2) Check the Show hidden files and folders and uncheck the Hide protected operating system files(Recommended). And then hit OK.
Step 5: After all the steps are done, please restart your computer normally to ensure all changes take effect
Fairly speaking, both of the two methods have their own advantages. However, the manual removal is a time-consuming and painstaking process that requires high-level troubleshooting skills. You not only are unable to remove all traces and leftover of the adware, but also might end up deleting an essential system file and crashing your computer, so we sincerely recommend you to download an advanced removal tool on your computer. It is well designed by professional technicians who focus on all types of PC threats and help users to solve all PC problems with ease. It is a multi-purpose solution to satisfy the variety of your computer protection needs. Just try.
NOTE: Want to totally remove WordSurfer ? Use professional removal tool to get rid of WordSurfer completely! Click the download icon and install removal tool onto your computer, run it from cmdline in Windows Safe Mode .
If WordSurfer is not removed timely, victim’s personal activities will be traced by third parties with the help of this adware. The attack of this program will allow more potential threats to get inside the affected machine by using system vulnerabilities. Such type of adware is utilized by its developers for getting a border market for their programs or services so as to make more money. There is no use to keep this threat on the machine. It should be removed immediately.