How do I remove adware from PC? It is called Word Highlight. It sows me pop ups and highlights some words in the text. When I run Firefox or Google Chrome, it will add some pop ups on the tabs. And when I play game online, there are even endless pop up windows trying to stop me from playing.
What is Word Highlight?
Word Highlight is a type of deceptive adware program. To know more about this adware, it is necessary to learn more details about this kind of potential unwanted program. Most of time, PC experts consider this site to be a malicious threat more than a website. As a matter of fact, the pop ups parked at this page is detected as insecure by few security tools at this moment and such situation results from some features such adware program has. Unlike Trojan virus than can be simply detected by anti-virus program, adware is a undefined third party which is not always regarded to be a virus threatening computer system. However, the point is, though this adware itself is not a virus, the pop ups it introduces to screen or browser tabs are not as safe as this adware. The additives it brings in system are more complex.
Some pop up windows are probable to link to unprotected websites that any dangerous infections can be promoted within those sites without inspection. Others might forward you to some online shopping sites that you do not expect. Suffering from tons of annoying pop ups can drive you mad while you want to normally surf the internet with no one disturbs. Universally, famous browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox and IE are the initial targets in case of it has entered stealthily. Other symptoms such as frequent system shutdown, sudden network crash, unresponsive program operation and files corruption will show up one after another. Meanwhile, some vital system files and personal data will be filched for sending to remote hacker through the internet. All of them will be used for making monetary gains. As a skillfully data theft, it is able to record browsing history, search details, log-in emails and other browser details as quick as it can. At that time, all sensitive details are reveled and put victims and identical details into danger. This is unquestionable potential threat to the system. Therefore, removing it from PC is the crucial step you should take right now.
The Potentially Unwanted Program Is Dangerous
It has the following characteristics:
It is a stubborn rogue antivirus program
It bombards you with annoying pop-up ads
It disables your programs
It makes your computer run slowly
It may steal your computer privacy, such as websites visited, online banking details, IP address, etc.
Prevention of Computer Being Infected with Word Highlight
As we have already known Word Highlight is a destructive virus that brings great harm to computer. You should not allow it to stay in your PC to perform bad activities. Just like other malware threats, you can prevent from becoming infected by performing these simple tasks:
1. Don’t download free applications (e.g games, screensavers, pictures, video etc.) from unknown websites as much as possible, especially those suspicious, unsafe and unverified by antivirus because they are often infected with malware, Trojan Virus, or/and other redirect virus.
2. If you have to download those free programs for important purpose, it cannot be more careful when installing freeware/shareware applications. Again, you need to keep eyes on the whole install process for preventing any virus sets up in the computer.
3. You’d better not leave your computer stay in a vulnerable condition. To do this, an anti-virus application is recommend. Advanced antivirus will protect you from security threats caused by various kinds of viruses or malware. Geneeal, most antivirus applications can detect malware such as Browser Redirect Virus. You should keep updating your antivirus tool and making detection at regular time since the latest virus may have the ability to escape from detection and deletion of outdated antivirus application.
4. In order to maintain a good surfing condition, you need to patch all of your applications. Always download and install the latest security patches to your applications you have installed on your PC. Vendors such as Adobe and Microsoft identify vulnerabilities with certain applications will deploy patches to strengthen security and protect you from a potential attack. Do not avoid these tasks and ensure you either allow your applications to download and install critical patches or routinely check for any updates that need to be downloaded and installed.
5. Also install the latest system updates. Like what mentioned above, an outdated version of system may provide possibility for malware and virus to invade your computer, so the old system can be potential causes of computer being infected . Use the Automatic Updates feature in Windows to automatically download and install Microsoft security updates.
6. Usually, redirect virus will compromise your browser and let other forms of malware and virus slip into your computer.
By following the steps above, you can prevent from becoming infected. However, if this virus has already attacked your computer due to visiting of unsafe website or downloading of unknown program carelessly, you can take the following weapons to get rid of this threat:
How Word Highlight Enters into Computer?
Usually Word Highlight is distributed through compromised malicious websites or legitimate websites from the internet. Also your computer can be infected with this adware when you download some programs or file from an unknown links. Another way of propagating this annoying Word Highlight Pop-up Ads are using spam email which may contains unsafe attachments and malicious links. Thus computer users should always remember that download freewares or free applications from Internet or open and visit unknown website are the most common ways for your computer to be infected with malwares. You should be careful and thoughtful when you download softwares, always remember that you should download them from its official site. On the other hand when you install them, keep in mind the Advanced or Custom installation should be your first choice and do not select anything that is not familiar to you.
Word Highlight is believed to be a detrimental program that should be eliminated from computer at any cost to refrain from unexpected damage or loss. It should be removed once being found. Here are two suggestion for the removal – automatic removal and manual removal. Just choose the one you feel like.
Solution One: Remove Word Highlight with SpyHunter.
Solution Two: Get rid of Word Highlight manually.
Solution One: Remove Word Highlight with SpyHunter
Step 1: Download removal tool SpyHunter by clicking on the below button.
Step 2: Following the installation wizard to install it on your PC. After the installation, launch SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” to perform a full and quick system scan on your PC.
Step 3: As soon as finishing the system scan, choose Select all and then click Remove to get rid of all the threats on your PC.
Solution Two : Get rid of Word Highlight manually
Step one: Uninstall malicious program from Control Panel.
Windows 7: Press Start button and open Control Panel, and then locate “Uninstall a Program”.Select the program related to the adware and then click on “Uninstall”.
Windows XP: Press Start button and open Control Panel. Double-click on “Add or Remove Programs”, select the program related to the adware and then click on Remove.
Windows 8: Open Control Panel from Start menu and then click on “Uninstall a Program”. Right-click on the program related to the adware and select “Uninstall”.
Step two: Remove Word Highlight and other related add-ons from browsers.
Internet Explorer: Click on “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9) and choose “Manage Add-ons”. Search for the adware and disable it quickly.
Mozilla Firefox: Click on “Tools” and click on “Add-ons”. Select “Extensions” and disable add-ons relevant to the adware.
Google Chrome: Click on a Wrench or 3-Bars icon, select “Tools” and click on “Extensions”. Select the adware and then click on a trashcan.
1).From Opera menu select Extensions,click Manage Extensions
2).All installed extensions for Opera will appear here, select the related extension.
3).Click “Uninstall” button to uninstall extension.
4). Restart Opera
1). Go to the Extensions section of the P references
2). Select the extension you wish to delete and select Uninstall
3) Restart Safari
Step three: Restart your computer normally to ensure all changes take effect.
There is no doubt that manual removal is a rather exhausted and painstaking process which requires high-level troubleshooting skills and experience. Otherwise, it may result in irreparable system damage. It is the fact why we strongly recommend you to download an adware removal tool on your computer. It is developed with advanced techniques and powerful algorithm which has capabilities to detect and delete all types of threats from your computer without causing any side-effect. So it can do a complete scan of your system and then delete this computer infection automatically from your PC without damage.
NOTE: Want to totally remove Word Highlight ? Use professional removal tool to get rid of Word Highlight completely! Click the download icon and install removal tool onto your computer, run it from cmdline in Windows Safe Mode .
For the time being, the most essential thing is to take action to get rid of Word Highlight pop up as it also targets on your personal details. In nay case, with a adware program staying on the machine, the affected system will be completely messed up with tons of commercial ads. No doubt, it is created for earning money but not helping net users. To avid such kind of threat, we here give you some tips which can help you stay away from adware program and browser hijacker.