I found KP Search Bear app on my Firefox after I downloaded some games apps and freeware from some unofficial sites. Is it a malicious program? It seems like I get more ads when I am surfing the internet. Do those ads are caused by this app for there are many posts or blogs state that this is a computer threat which will harm my computer.
What is KP Search Bear
KP Search Bear is classified to be a potential unwanted program which can mislead users to some unwanted sites access. It is an adware used by criminal in order to make monetary profits. Such threat targets on all browsers as Google Chrome, Firefox and IE. It can perform some malicious actions on those browsers once it has entered the system without permission via bundling with some third party resources form the internet. This adware acts like a cash cow that can help hackers earn money from popping up tons of commercial ads and misleading PC users to click on those ads. Also, it installs some unneeded browser items as toolbar, add-ons forcibly. Many users have been tricked by this infection for it just collects some personal information as recent search keywords and visited sites as well as browsing history so as to display associated ads to trick users into clicking.
If you think that it will only gather your browsing information for evil purpose, then you are wrong. Besides your browser history and other browsing information, it still record other valuable data as your IP address, email account and your passwords. Sometimes this infection will force you to visit a variety of dangerous sites which my contain other types of computer infections as Trojan, browser redirect virus, browser hijackers or even Ransomware which can threaten you with some scary fake massages. To protect your computer form being damaged step by step, you would better remove this adware immediately.
The Potentially Unwanted Program Is Dangerous
It has the following characteristics:
It is a stubborn rogue antivirus program
It bombards you with annoying pop-up ads
It disables your programs
It makes your computer run slowly
It may steal your computer privacy, such as websites visited, online banking details, IP address, etc.
How KP Search Bear Enters into Your Computer?
KP Search Bear Pop-up Ads can penetrate the computer of yours without the slightest glitch and you would not have any idea whatsoever. It does not require the administrator permission and gets installed inside the PC hard drive in a discreet manner. Some of the ways through which this adware can gain entry to the computer of yours are mentioned below:
1. Through peer to peer file sharing tools
2. Visiting malicious and adult/porn websites
3. Downloading email attachments in the spam folder
4. Using infected storage devices like pen drive, dvd etc
5. Clicking on malicious links on social networking sites
6. Come from sneaky Trojans, viruses and other malware items
7. Downloading free stuffs like movies, video
8. Manual Method to Delete Windows Action Centers from torrent
How to Remove KP Search Bear ads
KP Search Bear is believed to be a detrimental program that should be eliminated from computer at any cost to refrain from unexpected damage or loss. It should be removed once being found. Here are two suggestion for the removal – automatic removal and manual removal. Just choose the one you feel like.
Solution One: Remove KP Search Bear with SpyHunter.
Solution Two: Get rid of KP Search Bear manually.
Solution One: Remove KP Search Bear with SpyHunter
Step 1: Download removal tool SpyHunter by clicking on the below button.
Step 3: As soon as finishing the system scan, choose Select all and then click Remove to get rid of all the threats on your PC.
Solution Two: Get rid of KP Search Bear manually
Step one: Uninstall the program related to the adware from Control Panel.
Windows 7: Press Start button and open Control Panel, and then locate “Uninstall a Program”.Select the program related to the adware and then click on “Uninstall”.
Windows XP: Press Start button and open Control Panel. Double-click on “Add or Remove Programs”, select the program related to the adware and then click on Remove.
Windows 8: Open Control Panel from Start menu and then click on “Uninstall a Program”. Right-click on the program related to the adware and select “Uninstall”.
Step two: Remove KP Search Bear and add-ons from browsers.
Internet Explorer: Click on “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9) and choose “Manage Add-ons”. Search for the adware and disable it quickly.
Step three: Restart your computer normally to ensure all changes take effect.
KP Search Bear is testament to be an annoying and dangerous adware which can threaten your computer system badly through generating tons of pop ups and lowing down the system defense as well as gathering sensitive data stored on the computer. As it is mentioned in the post, this adware can enter target computer via making use of third party downloads form the network. Since the internet is the main channel used by this threat to spread all over the world, it is necessary to be vigilant when surfing the internet, especially downloading free programs or apps from unknown sites. Do check the bundle box and read the terms before agree the installation process to tick out any unwanted and malicious bundles. In a word, once you find any trace of this threat or you are facing all problems triggered by this adware right now, do take quick actions to remove it.
Note:There is no doubt that manual removal is a rather exhausted and painstaking process which requires high-level troubleshooting skills and experience. Otherwise, it may result in irreparable system damage. It is the fact why we strongly recommend you to download an adware removal tool on your computer. It is developed with advanced techniques and powerful algorithm which has capabilities to detect and delete all types of threats from your computer without causing any side-effect. So it can do a complete scan of your system and then delete this computer infection automatically from your PC without damage.
Prevention of Computer Being Infected with KP Search Bear
As we have already known KP Search Bear is a destructive virus that brings great harm to computer. You should not allow it to stay in your PC to perform bad activities. Just like other malware threats, you can prevent from becoming infected by performing these simple tasks:
1. Don’t download free applications (e.g games, screensavers, pictures, video etc.) from unknown websites as much as possible, especially those suspicious, unsafe and unverified by antivirus because they are often infected with malware, Trojan Virus, or/ and other redirect virus.
2. If you have to download those free programs for important purpose, it cannot be more careful when installing freeware/shareware applications. Again, you need to keep eyes on the whole install process for preventing any virus sets up in the computer.
3. You’d better not leave your computer stay in a vulnerable condition. To do this, an anti-virus application is recommend. Advanced antivirus will protect you from security threats caused by various kinds of viruses or malware. Geneeal, most antivirus applications can detect malware such as Browser Redirect Virus. You should keep updating your antivirus tool and making detection at regular time since the latest virus may have the ability to escape from detection and deletion of outdated antivirus application.
4. In order to maintain a good surfing condition, you need to patch all of your applications. Always download and install the latest security patches to your applications you have installed on your PC. Vendors such as Adobe and Microsoft identify vulnerabilities with certain applications will deploy patches to strengthen security and protect you from a potential attack. Do not avoid these tasks and ensure you either allow your applications to download and install critical patches or routinely check for any updates that need to be downloaded and installed.
5. Also install the latest system updates. Like what mentioned above, an outdated version of system may provide possibility for malware and virus to invade your computer, so the old system can be potential causes of computer being infected . Use the Automatic Updates feature in Windows to automatically download and install Microsoft security updates.
6. Usually, redirect virus will compromise your browser and let other forms of malware and virus slip into your computer.
By following the steps above, you can prevent from becoming infected. However, if this virus has already attacked your computer due to visiting of unsafe website or downloading of unknown program carelessly, you can take the following weapons to get rid of this threat: