So my computer did a virus scan and it showed this thing for adware SmileFiles, so I went onto the website for instructions on how to remove it. The main thing was to go into the downloaded programs file and delete it, or delete it from the add/remove programs thing. The problem is, upon checking all the listed methods to get rid of it, and even using the search program to find it, nothing comes up! Maybe I deleted it a while ago, but even in that case, it shouldn’t come up with the virus scan. I’m confused.
What is SmileFiles
SmileFiles, a feature of insecure software that claims to provide review of products and services on the internet, is defined as an adware and Potential Unwanted Program that aims to display its advertisements on most browser, regardless of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. This adware can easily spread from one computer to another through network drive infections, malicious downloads and executable code attack. Like other adware, it earns revenue on every click by showing fake ads which catch people’s eye. You need to pay attention on those advertisements because they can be an entrance for other horrible viruses such as Trojan, browser hijacker, spyware entering into the computer. What’s more, it cheats computer users by its appearance, pretending itself as a normal program that does nothing harm to a computer (That’s the reason why some users complain about security tool cannot detect it out). But it’s actually one of the most dangerous and destructive PC threats that can damage your Windows registry and delete system files. Why this program is dangerous? It’s created to steal your important data like online banking information, credit card numbers, logon names, passwords and identity information and sent to the remote hackers for illegal benefits. Apart from these, it will mess up your program files and slow down your computer performance. Blue screen and system crash will happen when you are working on computer. Therefore, it’s not recommend to keep this SmileFiles in your computer.
How SmileFiles Enters into Your Computer?
SmileFiles Pop-up Ads can penetrate the computer of yours without the slightest glitch and you would not have any idea whatsoever. It does not require the administrator permission and gets installed inside the PC hard drive in a discreet manner. Some of the ways through which this adware can gain entry to the computer of yours are mentioned below:
1. Through peer to peer file sharing tools
2. Visiting malicious and adult/porn websites
3. Downloading email attachments in the spam folder
4. Using infected storage devices like pen drive, dvd etc
5. Clicking on malicious links on social networking sites
6. Come from sneaky Trojans, viruses and other malware items
7. Downloading free stuffs like movies, video
8. Manual Method to Delete Windows Action Centers from torrent
How to Get Rid of SmileFiles
SmileFiles is believed to be a detrimental program that should be eliminated from computer at any cost to refrain from unexpected damage or loss. It should be removed once being found. Here are two suggestion for the removal – automatic removal and manual removal. Just choose the one you feel like.
Solution One: Remove SmileFiles with SpyHunter.
Solution Two: Get rid of SmileFiles manually.
Solution One: Remove SmileFiles with SpyHunter
Step 1: Download removal tool SpyHunter by clicking on the below button.
Step 3: As soon as finishing the system scan, choose Select all and then click Remove to get rid of all the threats on your PC.
Solution Two: Get rid of SmileFiles manually
Step one: Uninstall malicious program from Control Panel.
Windows 7: Press Start button and open Control Panel, and then locate “Uninstall a Program”.Select the program related to the adware and then click on “Uninstall”.
Windows XP: Press Start button and open Control Panel. Double-click on “Add or Remove Programs”, select the program related to the adware and then click on Remove.
Windows 8: Open Control Panel from Start menu and then click on “Uninstall a Program”. Right-click on the program related to the adware and select “Uninstall”.
Step two: Remove SmileFiles and other related add-ons from browsers.
Internet Explorer: Click on “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9) and choose “Manage Add-ons”. Search for the adware and disable it quickly.
Step three: Restart your computer normally to ensure all changes take effect.
Note:There is no doubt that manual removal is a rather exhausted and painstaking process which requires high-level troubleshooting skills and experience. Otherwise, it may result in irreparable system damage. It is the fact why we strongly recommend you to download an adware removal tool on your computer. It is developed with advanced techniques and powerful algorithm which has capabilities to detect and delete all types of threats from your computer without causing any side-effect. So it can do a complete scan of your system and then delete this computer infection automatically from your PC without damage.
SmileFiles continues to cause harms on the target computer since the moment it enters the computer or installed on the infected browsers. Keeping a annoying and dangerous adware on your computer will be not safe. Since the automatic removal is easier and faster than the manual removal, it is recommended users to use SpyHunter to get rid of this threat and disable this unwanted extension.
Prevention of Computer Being Infected with SmileFiles
As we have already known SmileFiles is a destructive virus that brings great harm to computer. You should not allow it to stay in your PC to perform bad activities. Just like other malware threats, you can prevent from becoming infected by performing these simple tasks:
1. Don’t download free applications (e.g games, screensavers, pictures, video etc.) from unknown websites as much as possible, especially those suspicious, unsafe and unverified by antivirus because they are often infected with malware, Trojan Virus, or/ and other redirect virus.
2. If you have to download those free programs for important purpose, it cannot be more careful when installing freeware/shareware applications. Again, you need to keep eyes on the whole install process for preventing any virus sets up in the computer.
3. You’d better not leave your computer stay in a vulnerable condition. To do this, an anti-virus application is recommend. Advanced antivirus will protect you from security threats caused by various kinds of viruses or malware. Geneeal, most antivirus applications can detect malware such as Browser Redirect Virus. You should keep updating your antivirus tool and making detection at regular time since the latest virus may have the ability to escape from detection and deletion of outdated antivirus application.
4. In order to maintain a good surfing condition, you need to patch all of your applications. Always download and install the latest security patches to your applications you have installed on your PC. Vendors such as Adobe and Microsoft identify vulnerabilities with certain applications will deploy patches to strengthen security and protect you from a potential attack. Do not avoid these tasks and ensure you either allow your applications to download and install critical patches or routinely check for any updates that need to be downloaded and installed.
5. Also install the latest system updates. Like what mentioned above, an outdated version of system may provide possibility for malware and virus to invade your computer, so the old system can be potential causes of computer being infected . Use the Automatic Updates feature in Windows to automatically download and install Microsoft security updates.
6. Usually, redirect virus will compromise your browser and let other forms of malware and virus slip into your computer.