I have ads that jump out all the time while I am accessing Facebook, Twitter and Yahoo email. Even when I am shopping online, eBay and Amazon, I will see Blitz Media Player pop up on the left side of the page. I want to ignore it but it is very annoying and it makes me difficult to surf the internet.
What is Blitz Media Player?
Blitz Media Player is a terrible advertising platform, making money from displaying sponsored ads. It is designed by ill-disposed developer on via stating that this site will offer a variety of free online games and game app downloads. This is a adware program as well as a browser threat which aims at controlling your Google Chrome, IE and Firefox. The main goal of this attack is to attract users to click on those games, play them and then installed those free games app from some unreliable sites. Once taking over target browsers, it starts generating commercial pop ups such as coupons, deals, pop-ups banners and many other annoying advertisements. Be careful that once you click on those pop ups, you will be forcibly redirected to malicious websites. Moreover, you clicking on unknown ads will benefit criminals as they usually get money from pay-per-click revenue. Without any consent, your computer will be totally messed up with random ads and threats.
This adware threat attacks all Windows based system. To be more specific, no matter which operating system you are using, including Win 7, Win 8 AND XP, all of them can be attacked by this browser infection. It is very dangerous once you click on those games or download any untrustworthy programs from some phishing sites. You will get your computer infected by Trojan virus and make it worse that the security level of you system will be lowed down due to the attacks of computer threats. Once it enters your computer, it continues messing up the entire machine through introducing more and more adware programs. Also, it is dangerous that this threat keeps monitoring your browsing actions. With no doubts, all your search queries, favorite sites, recent visited sites and other browsing cookies will be recorded and your email address, bank accounts and crucial files will be stolen.
The Potentially Unwanted Program Is Dangerous
It has the following characteristics:
It is a stubborn rogue antivirus program
It bombards you with annoying pop-up ads
It disables your programs
It makes your computer run slowly
It may steal your computer privacy, such as websites visited, online banking details, IP address, etc.
Prevention of Computer Being Infected with Blitz Media Player
As we have already known Blitz Media Player is a destructive virus that brings great harm to computer. You should not allow it to stay in your PC to perform bad activities. Just like other malware threats, you can prevent from becoming infected by performing these simple tasks:
1. Don’t download free applications (e.g games, screensavers, pictures, video etc.) from unknown websites as much as possible, especially those suspicious, unsafe and unverified by antivirus because they are often infected with malware, Trojan Virus, or/and other redirect virus.
2. If you have to download those free programs for important purpose, it cannot be more careful when installing freeware/shareware applications. Again, you need to keep eyes on the whole install process for preventing any virus sets up in the computer.
3. You’d better not leave your computer stay in a vulnerable condition. To do this, an anti-virus application is recommend. Advanced antivirus will protect you from security threats caused by various kinds of viruses or malware. Geneeal, most antivirus applications can detect malware such as Browser Redirect Virus. You should keep updating your antivirus tool and making detection at regular time since the latest virus may have the ability to escape from detection and deletion of outdated antivirus application.
4. In order to maintain a good surfing condition, you need to patch all of your applications. Always download and install the latest security patches to your applications you have installed on your PC. Vendors such as Adobe and Microsoft identify vulnerabilities with certain applications will deploy patches to strengthen security and protect you from a potential attack. Do not avoid these tasks and ensure you either allow your applications to download and install critical patches or routinely check for any updates that need to be downloaded and installed.
5. Also install the latest system updates. Like what mentioned above, an outdated version of system may provide possibility for malware and virus to invade your computer, so the old system can be potential causes of computer being infected . Use the Automatic Updates feature in Windows to automatically download and install Microsoft security updates.
6. Usually, redirect virus will compromise your browser and let other forms of malware and virus slip into your computer.
By following the steps above, you can prevent from becoming infected. However, if this virus has already attacked your computer due to visiting of unsafe website or downloading of unknown program carelessly, you can take the following weapons to get rid of this threat:
How Blitz Media Player Enters into Computer?
Blitz Media Player accesses to your computer through several channels. It comes when you protect your computer with powerful antivirus tool and also update Firewall but still you find that your computer gets infected with malicious threats. It happens because cyber criminals have created this threat using such techniques that easily bypasses your system security software and creates security loopholes in your computer for the safe and easy entry of virus. By means of following medium it easily penetrates your PC:
1. Visiting malicious websites.
2. Clicking suspicious links.
3. Freeware and shareware downloads.
4. Network Drive infections.
5. Opening infected email attachments.
6. Executable code attack.
7.Use of infected removable storage devices.
Blitz Media Player is believed to be a detrimental program that should be eliminated from computer at any cost to refrain from unexpected damage or loss. It should be removed once being found. Here are two suggestion for the removal – automatic removal and manual removal. Just choose the one you feel like.
Solution One: Remove Blitz Media Player with SpyHunter.
Solution Two: Get rid of Blitz Media Player manually.
Solution One: Remove Blitz Media Player with SpyHunter
Step 1: Download removal tool SpyHunter by clicking on the below button.
Step 2: Following the installation wizard to install it on your PC. After the installation, launch SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” to perform a full and quick system scan on your PC.
Step 3: As soon as finishing the system scan, choose Select all and then click Remove to get rid of all the threats on your PC.
Solution Two : Get rid of Blitz Media Player manually
Step one: Uninstall malicious program from Control Panel.
Windows 7: Press Start button and open Control Panel, and then locate “Uninstall a Program”.Select the program related to the adware and then click on “Uninstall”.
Windows XP: Press Start button and open Control Panel. Double-click on “Add or Remove Programs”, select the program related to the adware and then click on Remove.
Windows 8: Open Control Panel from Start menu and then click on “Uninstall a Program”. Right-click on the program related to the adware and select “Uninstall”.
Step two: Remove Blitz Media Player and other related add-ons from browsers.
Internet Explorer: Click on “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9) and choose “Manage Add-ons”. Search for the adware and disable it quickly.
Mozilla Firefox: Click on “Tools” and click on “Add-ons”. Select “Extensions” and disable add-ons relevant to the adware.
Google Chrome: Click on a Wrench or 3-Bars icon, select “Tools” and click on “Extensions”. Select the adware and then click on a trashcan.
1).From Opera menu select Extensions,click Manage Extensions
2).All installed extensions for Opera will appear here, select the related extension.
3).Click “Uninstall” button to uninstall extension.
4). Restart Opera
1). Go to the Extensions section of the P references
2). Select the extension you wish to delete and select Uninstall
3) Restart Safari
Step three: Restart your computer normally to ensure all changes take effect.
There is no doubt that manual removal is a rather exhausted and painstaking process which requires high-level troubleshooting skills and experience. Otherwise, it may result in irreparable system damage. It is the fact why we strongly recommend you to download an adware removal tool on your computer. It is developed with advanced techniques and powerful algorithm which has capabilities to detect and delete all types of threats from your computer without causing any side-effect. So it can do a complete scan of your system and then delete this computer infection automatically from your PC without damage.
NOTE: Want to totally remove Blitz Media Player ? Use professional removal tool to get rid of Blitz Media Player completely! Click the download icon and install removal tool onto your computer, run it from cmdline in Windows Safe Mode .
This dangerous adware can not be kept on the system for a long time for you may have no idea what it will do to the infected system. Some malicious troubles caused by it are invisible. It is impossible that such threat will help you keep your flash media up to date. It will not do anything valuable but harm the system instead. Thus, for the safety of your machine and privacy, do take quick actions to deal with it as soon as possible. Follow the above removal guides step by step carefully to remove it totally.